Can I Help?

Whilst, of course, I will do my best to help if I can, as your Member of Parliament I can only assist with those matters for which Parliament or central government are responsible.

I may be able to help you with problems relating to:

  • Central government policies
  • National Health Service
  • H M Revenue and Customs (tax issues, child benefits)
  • Department of Works and Pensions (benefits and pensions)

    In many cases, it may be more appropriate for you to approach your local borough or county councillor. You can find out the details of you local county and borough councillor (you will need to enter your postcode): by clicking here

    Your local councillor will be more able to help you with problems relating to:

  • Planning
  • Housing
  • Parking
  • Recycling

    Contact details for Spelthorne Borough Council can be found by clicking here

    Contact details for Surrey County Council can be found by clicking here

    I am not able to intervene in private disputes.

    Please also bear in mind that with 72,000 constituents in Spelthorne to look after and my duties in Parliament, there are some limits on the amount of time that I can spend dealing with residents' problems. It would be extremely helpful, therefore, if I can spend my time dealing with problems that are related to me, rather than passing queries onto the relevant person.

    Contact Kwasi Kwarteng MP

    If you have an issue that you think I can help you with, the best way to contact me is by letter including all the relevant details.

    As I have to be in London for most of the week this is the best way to reach me and, by sending a letter you can be sure that I then have a clear record of your problem. Please bear in mind that if I need to contact another organisation on your behalf I may send a copy of your letter to them.

    You should send your letter to:

    Kwasi Kwarteng MP
    House of Commons
    SW1A 0AA

    You can also email me at, or telephone the Westminster Office on 020 7219 4017. Please always include your full name and address including postcode and telephone number.

    Surgery Appointments

    I hold regular advice surgeries on Friday afternoons.

    To make an appointment please ring my secretary Sarah on 020 7219 4017, or email her at